The head of the Laboratory: Anvar A. Abduvaliev,
Ph.D. in biology science, senior researcher
The goal of the Department of Medical Genetic and Enzyme Immunoassay Studies is to conduct research in the priority areas of science, improve methods for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases, and introduce innovative technologies in practical medicine based on:
- Integration of fundamental and applied research in the field of medical biology, genetics, immunology, pathology, biotechnology, genetic and cellular engineering;
- study and identification of the features of genetic and immunological disorders in conditions of pathology or malignant degeneration of cells of organs and tissues, cellular and molecular mechanisms of the process of postnatal development of organs and systems under conditions of intrauterine exposure to xenobiotics;
- providing biological protection of the population, based on the use of biomedical, cytochemical, genomic and post genomic technologies for studying the immunogenetic profile of population groups and individual individuals;
- Development of effective, competitive technologies for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of diseases;
- training highly qualified specialists capable of independently developing and introducing high technology in healthcare practice.
To achieve the main goal, the employees of the Department solve the following tasks:
- conducting independent planned research work;
- Creation of the necessary conditions for independent scientific and experimental work of the teaching staff, senior researchers, researchers, undergraduate and graduate students, job creation, training in methods, consultations, technical assistance, participation in the planning of the planned experimental studies and control over their implementation;
- Participation in comprehensive research programs, including Targeted programs and grants in priority areas of innovative development of science of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- improving the scientific qualifications of staff and students through the organization of seminars, conferences, courses and open classes.
The employees of the Department have established and used the following research methods in the field of medical genetics and enzyme immunoassay: real-time PCR analysis, ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay), determination of the cytotoxicity of drugs in relation to normal and malignantly transformed cells, study of chromosomal and genetic instability, study of immunological parameters (hormones, biomarkers, growth and differentiation factors) in blood serum, the study of proliferative activity and apoptosis of cells of various generations.